Wyncote Walmart Shooting Leaves Seven People Injured

Cheltenham Township Police responded to a shooting at Walmart at 1001 S. Easton Road at 6: 07 p.m. according to Cheltenham Township Police. There were five people injured at the shooting incident and two police officers had minor injuries after a car accident.

WPVI-6ABC reports witnesses said a dispute occurred at a cash register a man and then a man pulled a gun from a female companion’s waistband and opened fire.

According to the Cheltenham Township Police four gunshot victims were taken to area hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries to their legs. A pregnant woman who fell  was also taken to the hospital for stomach pains.

Other witness shared their accounts with Action News

Everybody ran, and then the alarm came on,” said Suarez. “I started to run. I was scared for my life.”

Jaynee Davis, a nurse, said she tended to one of the shooting victims.

“We didn’t know if the shooter was in the store,” Davis said. “We were petrified.”

One Walmart employee told Action News her colleague was shot in the leg and was screaming: “I’m shot, I’m shot.”

Police were alerted when an officer was in the parking lot saw a large number of people fleeing the Walmart and reported that witnesses described a man and a woman fleeing in a gold car.

Police report the suspects crashed their vehicle into the rear of Philadelphia Police cruiser at the Forrest Avenue and E. Sedgwick Avenue and they were taken into custody. They ditched the gun and it was recovered by police at Cheltenham and Mount Pleasant Avenues.

WPVI-6ABC reports during the apprehension of the the male suspect he attempted to kick out the window of the police vehicle and was subsequently shocked by officers with a stun gun. He was transported to Einstein Medical Center.

Two Philadelphia police officers  were injured when their police car was hit by the suspect and were taken to Roxborough Memorial Hospital with minor injuries.

Cheltenham Police reports a total of 8 EMS agencies and 22 police departments, including Philadelphia Police and the Montgomery County SWAT team assisted with the incident. The incident remains under investigation.