As of January 29th, Pennsylvania reports that 43,048 people in Montgomery County have received the first dose of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine. This is up from the 33,465 that was reported on January 25th. Of the 43,048, there are 10,274 who have received the second dose.
Since our last report on January 25th, Montgomery County reports that there have been 981 new cases of Coronavirus in the county (see daily numbers in the graph below). This brings the total number of cases countywide since the start of the pandemic to 42,401.
There are now more people in Montgomery County who have received the first dose of the vaccine than who have tested positive for the Coronavirus throughout the pandemic. Details on the process of getting vaccinated in Montgomery County can be found here.
The number of cases from the most recent 14 days has decreased by 1,146 versus the previous 14 days. Cases from the most recent seven days have decreased by 312 versus the previous seven days.
It was announced this week by Montgomery County that the first documented case of the “UK strain” of the coronavirus has been reported. You can watch the county’s press conference below (note that the numbers reported in this article are more current than those reported during this January 27th press conference:
As of January 29h, there are 263 patients in Montgomery County hospitals due to the Coronavirus, down from 272 patients on January 25th. There are currently 35 patients requiring a ventilator, down from 25 on January 25th.
There have been 19 deaths due to Coronavirus reported between January 26th and January 29th. This brings the total number of deaths countywide since the start of the pandemic is 1,136.
The 14-day PCR positivity rate is 8.16% as of January 24th, down from 8.36% as of January 20th. Having this number at 5% or under is considered suppression of the virus.
|DATE||Daily Positive Test Results|
|14 DAY AVERAGE||272.1428571|
|14 DAY TOTAL||3810|
Locally, here are the current numbers:
- Abington is at 3,001 cases, which is 236 more than since January 15th. There have been 103 deaths, which is four more than since January 15th
- Cheltenham is 1,831 cases, which is 101 more than since January 15th. There have been 66 deaths, which is one more than since January 15th
- Jenkintown is at 168 cases, which is 15 more than since January 15th. There has been one death
- Springfield is at 1,278 cases, which is 75 more than since January 15th. There have been 92 deaths
- Rockledge is at 169 cases, which is 20 more since January 15th. There have been two deaths
You can view all of the latest data here.