Abington Township declared a snow emergency as of January 31st at noon through February 2nd at noon. Parking is prohibited on the below roadways during a snow emergency. Vehicles found parked on snow emergency routes during heavy snowstorms may be ticketed and towed at the owner’s expense.
- Old York Road – Moreland Road to Township Line Road
- Huntingdon Pike – Moreland Road to Philadelphia Line
- Fitzwatertown Road – Susquehanna Road to Moreland Road
- North Hills Avenue – Fitzwatertown Road to Moreland Road
- Highland Avenue – Old York Road to Mt. Carmel Avenue
- Easton Road – Mt. Carmel Avenue to Moreland Road
- Old Welsh Road – North Hills Avenue to Valley Road
- Susquehanna Road – Fitzwatertown Road to Huntingdon Pike
- Moreland Road – Kimball Avenue to Edge Hill Road
- Jenkintown Road – North Hills Avenue to Highland Avenue
- Mt. Carmel Avenue – North Hills Avenue to Highland Avenue
- Township Line Road – Old York Road to Fillmore Avenue
- Valley Road – Susquehanna Road to Lower Moreland
- Edge Hill Road – Moreland Road to Old Welsh Road
- Meetinghouse Road – Township Line Road to Huntingdon Pike
- Fox Chase Road – Meetinghouse Road to Huntingdon Pike
Cheltenham Township is now under snow emergency effective from December 31st at 12:00 p.m. During a snow emergency, all parked vehicles must be removed from snow emergency routes, and only vehicles with chains or snow/all-weather tires may travel on these roadways.
Ashbourne Road – Tookany Creek Parkway to Washington Lane
Cedar Road – Church Road to Township Line Road
Central Avenue – Ashbourne Road to Township Line Road
Church Road – Falcon Drive to Township Line Road
Easton Road – Cheltenham Avenue to Mount Carmel Avenue
Greenwood Avenue – Township Line to Limekiln Pike
Limekiln Pike – Mount Carmel Avenue to Easton Road
Mount Carmel Avenue Limekiln Pike to Easton Road, WS
New Second Street Cheltenham Avenue to Township Line Road
Oak Lane Road Cheltenham Avenue to Ashbourne Road
Tookany Creek Parkway New Second Street to Cheltenham Avenue
Township Line Road Washington Lane to Greenwood Avenue
Washington Lane Township Line Road to Cheltenham Avenue
York Road Township Line Road to Cheltenham Avenue
In Jenkintown, Mayor Dobbs has declared a snow emergency starting January 31st at noon and ending on February 2nd at noon. Residents with access to off-street parking are asked to use it. If you have to park on the street, you are asked to park as close as possible to the curb to allow for the safe passage of plows.
Rockledge Borough has declared a snow emergency effective January 31st at noon through February 2nd. During this time parking on designated snow emergency routes, Huntingdon Pike and Church Road, is prohibited to allow plows to clear the streets. Residents are also asked to utilize off-street parking if available. Cars parked on snow emergency routes may be towed and/or ticketed. Residents are also reminded to please clear their sidewalks of ice and snow within 24 hours of the end of the storm. If you have a fire hydrant on or near your property, please clear that as well.
Springfield Township is under a snow emergency as of noon on January 31st. Residents with access to a garage, driveway, or any other form of off-street parking are required to utilize them to reduce the number of vehicles on the streets. Those who do not have access to off-street parking are allowed to park on-street, but only on the odd-numbered side of the street. Where parking restrictions are permanently in effect, such restrictions shall prevail. If you are aware of a neighbor who does not have off-street parking available to them, please consider offering space in your driveway if possible so that streets can be cleared of ice and snow as completely and efficiently as possible.