On Monday, October 25th, the Jenkintown Borough 2021 curbside leaf collection will begins. It will continue through Thursday, December 16th. The Borough has been divided in to five routes and each route will be collected four times. This is the same as it’s been in previous years.
After the Jenkintown Borough Public Works Department collects leaves placed at the curb, the leaves are then transported to Abington Township and processed into mulch that is then available free of charge to Jenkintown residents. You can find information on the leaf collection/yard debris program including the route map and pick up schedule on the Jenkintown Borough website (www.jenkintownboro.com/leaf-collection-schedule/). You can access the 2021 Leaf Collection Schedule here.
Division Street, Healy Street, McGoldrick Avenue, St. Maur Place and Pear Street will not have curb side collection due to the size of the collection vehicle. These streets will have yard debris collected as normal on Tuesdays.
Residents are asked to please adhere to the following regulations regarding leaf collection:
- Do not put leaves in the road prior to the day before the scheduled collection. Leaves that are placed in the roadway prior to the night before are a serious safety concern as well as detrimental to storm water run off as they clog the storm drainage system. (contractors who do not comply will be cited)
- Do not park on top of leaves. This prohibits access to the leaves and can be a fire hazard.
- Do not include rocks, sticks, trash, etc. for collection with leaves. This does damage to the collection machine and results in down time for repairs. Leaf piles with any of these items above will not be collected.
- Please observe all regulatory parking signs.
- Leaves should not be burned for disposal as per Jenkintown Borough Code Section 94-4