During the hot summer months salads become a more popular item on the menu. We wanted to find six local places offering fresh salads entrees with a chicken, meat, seafood or tofu that are affordable and under $11.
Here we go in order of lowest to highest priced salads………..
1. Rocky’s Deli Style Restaurant –– 4520, 22 E Glenside Ave, Glenside
Rocky’s winner of Best of Glenside for best cheesteak for also offers good salads, and they have six salads with meat or chicken that are under $7.50 and the Chicken Caesar is one of the most popular.
- Chicken Caesar Salad–Romaine lettuce, frilled chicken, croutons, served with a roll. $6.99
- Anipasto – $7.25
- Tuna Salad $6.45
- Chef Salad $6.99
- Tuna or Chicken Antipasto $7.25
- Chicken Salad $6.45
2. Banh Street, 1062 Tyson Ave. Abington
Banh Street doesn’t just offer delicious ban mi Vietnamese hoagies they also make salads for $5 that easily become a meal by adding to it and all the options are between $8 and $8.50. The chicken and shrimp are the popular. They also have vegan options.
Banh Street Salad with Grilled Chicken –– Napa cabbage, sliced carrots, cucumber cilantro, and topped with our freshly baked seasoned croutons. Served with our house-made lime vinaigrette and grilled chicken $8.50
- Banh Street Salad with Shrimp $8.50
- Banh Street Salad with Ribeye $8.50
- Banh Street Salad with Tofu $8
3. Bullseye Burger House, 282 Keswick Ave. Glenside
Winner of Best of Glenside for best new business also offers nine salads and all are $8.50 and the Cobb Salad is the most popular. Bullseye will be adding new salads to their new menu which will debut in about three weeks, so be on the look out.
Cobb Salad – mixed lettuce, crispy chicken, tomatoes, avocados, chopped eggs, crispy bacon and crumbled blue cheese. $8.50
- Spinach Chicken
- Club Salad Apple Walnut
- Crispy Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Bleu Salad
- Mandarin Chicken Salad
- Chicken Caesar Salad
4. Union Jacks Old Glory Pub — 750 Limekiln Pike, Glenside
Union Jacks may be known wings, which is why readers chose Union Jacks for Best of Glenside for wings and beer list, but they offer three salads at $9,50 and the Sesame Thai Chicken Salad is one of the most popular.
Sesame Thai Chicken Salad $9.50 –– chopped romaine topped with charbroiled sesame Thai chicken breast, shredded carrots, cucumbers, red cabbage & grape tomatoes
- Jamaican Jerk Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Tender Salad
5. Anne’s Kitchen Table, 11 Wesley Ave. Glenside
Another winner of Best of Glenside for best dog friendly outdoor dining spot offers four salads under at $10.50, with the Anne’s Club Salad being one of the most popular.
Club Salad — your choice of turkey breast, grilled chicken or tuna chunks on mixed greens with Baby spinach, bacon bits, blue cheese crumbles, tomato and cucumber. Choose your dressing $10.50
- Kitchen Table Chicken Caesar
- Chicken Chef Salad
- The Baja Salad
6. Vintage Bar & Grille , 116 Old York Rd. Abington
Vintage has a dozen salads, and one for under $11.
Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad $10.95