The Cheltenham Township and Upper Moreland Township police departments are looking to hire new officers, and the Montgomery County Consortium has released the details for officers’ written examination.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Be at least 21 years of age by date of hire
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be physically and mentally fit to perform the duties of a police officer
- Applicants must be free of tattoos on the face, ears, neck or any objectionable tattoos that are visible when wearing the Cheltenham Township Police Department uniform
- Act 120 certification NOT required
Two dates in September are offered for the exam. For more information and to sign up for the test, you can click here.