Abington Township residents worried about their home while away for a long weekend or trip now have a resource, the Abington Township Police Department’s Away Home Program. This program is designed to give residents reassurance by having officers periodically check their homes while you are away. There are three ways to register:
- Complete the Away Home Notification Form on-line here.
- Call our Police Records and Information division at 267-536-1100 and press 3.
- Visit the Abington Township Police Department’s Police Records and Information division Monday through Friday between 7am and 7pm.
Additionally, residents are encouraged to do the following when preparing to be away from home for an extended period of time:
- Lock all windows and doors.
- Place lights on a timer.
- Arrange to have mail and newspapers stopped or picked up daily.
- Ask a neighbor to occasional park in your driveway.
- Give a spare key to a friend or neighbor to watch over your property.
Questions should be directed to Sergeant Gillispie by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone at 267-536-1077.