The Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board has released its annual report for the fiscal year of 2017-2018. The entity operates 626 retail stores throughout the Commonwealth, including five retail locations in our area.
One of the area locations ranks in the top 30 retail stores.
Transactions and sales at the five retail stores located in this area are as follows:
Jenkintown (#29 out of 626 stores)
935 Old York Road
$10,003,530 in total sales
$43.08 average value of a transaction
Willow Grove (#123 out of 626 stores)
1029 North Easton Road
$5,536,131 in total sales
$32.46 average value of a transaction
Glenside (#139 out of 626 stores)
123 South Easton Road
$5,208,262 in total sales
$31.19 average value of a transaction
Wyncote (#247 out of 626 stores)
8156 Ogontz Avenue
$3,575,351 in total sales
$21.19 average value of a transaction
Cheltenham (#262 out of 626 stores)
103 West Cheltenham Avenue
$3,286,932 in total sales
$23.87 average value of a transaction
For Montgomery County, overall total sales were $220,029,212 (down from $222,293,222 in fiscal year 2016-2017).
The average transaction amount is probably lower for the regular person. The numbers are deceiving because they include the orders from the bars and restaurants. Five of the top six retail stores in the Commonwealth each have average transactions in excess of $1,000.00.
While the report doesn’t provide data on what products were the best sellers from individual retail stores in Cheltenham, Glenside, Jenkintown, Willow Grove, and Wyncote, it does offer some data for statewide and county sales:
- People love Fireball. Fireball Cinnamon Whisky (50 mL) was the number one selling spirit bringing in $1,998,729 through the sale of 1,487,731 units
- Stateside Vodka is the top Pennsylvania distilled spirit. Stateside’s (750 mL) sold 34,494 units bringing in $902,836
- The top Pennsylvania wine is Clover Hill Vineyards & Winery Concord (750 mL). It sold 74,257 units bringing in $749,473
- The top wine overall was Kendall-Jackson Vintner’s Reserve Chardonnay (750 mL). It sold 538,895 units bringing in $7,409,983
- Unflavored vodka was the top-selling spirit by category type in Montgomery and 56 other counties
- California Cabernet Sauvignon was the top-selling type of wine in Montgomery and 26 other counties
You can read the full report here.