Jenkintown’s Meadowbrook Farm is a top donor to the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society’s Harvest program. The farm has donated 312 pounds of produce to the program this year.
Now in its second year, PHS Harvest is a collective action initiative, supported by lead sponsor Whole Foods Market, which is focused on increasing food production by empowering participants to plant food crops and share them with neighbors and organizations, such as food banks. Approximately 2,600 harvest participants include community gardens, religious groups, schools and camps, institutions, and individuals.
Here is the entire list of top producers:
• Longwood Gardens, Kennett Square, PA – 2,642 pounds of produce
• Spring Gardens, Philadelphia, PA – 1,419 pounds of produce
• Kennett Middle School Giving Garden, Landenberg, PA – 1,369 pounds of produce
• Werner’s Community Garden, Philadelphia – 950 pounds of produce
• City Harvest Community Garden, Philadelphia, PA – 525 pounds of produce
• Chester Eastside Garden Club, Chester, PA – 483 pounds of produce
• PHS Meadowbrook Farm, Jenkintown, PA – 312 pounds of produce
• Delaware Center for Horticulture Harvest Team, Wilmington, DE – 278 pounds of produce
• Greenhorn Gardens, Drexel Hill, PA – 206 pounds of produce