The National Weather Service issued a HEAT ADVISORY this afternoon from Tuesday at Noon to 8 pm on Wednesday (est).
The maximum heat index will range from 100 to 104 degrees on both Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon. Temperatures will be in the low to middle 90s on Tuesday and Wednesday with surface dew-points in the lower 70s both afternoons.
Lows Tuesday night will be in the 70s. The excessive heat will create a health risk, especially for the elderly and for those with pre-existing health issues.
Precautions & Safety Tips
- Drink plenty of fluids and stay in an air-conditioned environment, if possible.
- Be sure to check on elderly relatives and neighbors.
- Take extra precautions if you work or spend time outside.
- If possible, reschedule strenuous activities to the early morning or late evening hours. Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
- Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing and drink plenty of water.
- To reduce your risk while working outdoors, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in a shaded or air conditioned environment.
- Anyone overcome by the heat should be moved to a cool shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency…call 9 1 1.
Seven Day Forecast: Labor Day Weekend for 6ABC Accu Weather
TONIGHT: We have partly cloudy skies and it’s still muggy. The low is 76.
TUESDAY: The core of the heat and humidity settles over the region. We have hazy sunshine and a high of 95 with a heat index of 100 – 105.
HEAT ADVISORY: This is in effect from noon Tuesday until 8 p.m. Wednesday. Cool drinks, a/c breaks and looking out for senior citizens, young children and pets will be crucial.
WEDNESDAY: The heat beat goes on. This is another hot and steamy day with more hazy sunshine and a steamy high 95. The heat index is again 100 – 105. Heat Advisory in effect until 8 pm
THURSDAY: Clouds mixes with sun. It stays humid with a shower or thunderstorm in parts of the area. The high is 92. It will feel like the mid 90s.
FRIDAY: Cloud mix with some. It’s still humid, but not as hot. Some showers and a thunderstorm can’t be ruled out. The high dips to 80.
SATURDAY: Sun mixes with clouds. A spotty shower or storm can’t be ruled out. It’s still somewhat humid with a high around 79.
SUNDAY: Look for partly sunny skies, some degree of lingering humidity and a high of 84.
MONDAY: We remains warm and humid. Expect partial sunshine and a chance for a spotty afternoon thunderstorm. The high: 86.