Historic Camp William Penn and La Mott Village Day
history, Hosted By Citizens for the Restoration of Historical La Mott
Took place on Saturday, September 21st, 2019 @ 10:00am
7322 Sycamore Ave. La Mott, PA 19027
Historic Camp William Penn and La Mott Village Day this Saturday, September 21stwith a celebration from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the site of Camp William Penn.Opening ceremony: 10:00 at Camp William Penn Gate 7322 Sycamore Ave., La Mott, 19027 Closing ceremony: 3:30 at Flagpole (corner Sycamore and Willow)
- Visit encampments: USCT 3rd and 6th Regiments, and PA. 53rd Infantry Re-enactors and learn about the live of the Civil War soldier.
- Visit Camp William Penn Museum and see the 8' recruiting poster as well as the banner Lucretia Mott, Emily Taylor, and William Lloyd Garrison carried in their marches for women's rights in England.
- Visit with Mr. Lincoln or listen to poetry readings.
- Living History Demonstrations including ammunition making as well as soldier pastimes such as baseball and dominoes.
- Civil War Medical and Surgical instrument ‘show and tell’ in our barn.
- Book signings as well as opportunity to talk with authors.
- Presentations about African American Women in the Civil War, Philadelphia National Cemetery, The Cruel and Unusual, Effects of Fatal Shooting at Camp William Penn as well as presentations about our neighbors, Elstow Manor and Lynnewood Hall.
- La Mott History display; La Mott Fire Company display and Fire Truck.
- Local history organizations with tabletop displays and information.
- Take a walking tour of Historic La Mott.
Camp William Penn Museum Is OpenThe Camp William Penn Museum will be available to visitors from June through end of October by reservation. Individuals and groups are welcome. Use location and contact information below. Email: email@example.com Phone: 215-885-2259