The Cheltenham Township Historical Society will host their annual Fall Open House of the Richard Wall House Museum on Sunday, October 22 from 1:00pm to 4:00pm at 1 Wall Park Drive in Elkins Park.
The event will feature a new exhibit titled “Cheltenham Police: The First 50 Years,” as well as exhibits from various community groups, including:
- Friends of Northeast Philadelphia History: Books, maps, and photos about local history.
- The Regimental Brewmeister: Demonstration of 18th Century Brewing techniques.
- Cheltenham Township Library System: Library info, giveaways, the opportunity to sign up for a library card, library materials relevant to Wall House
- Old York Road Historical Society: Local history archive, with maps and copies of the Cheltenham Police History book written by Tom Wieckowski.
- Old York Road Garden Club: Information on our garden club and caring for the herb garden, plants and crafts to sell.
- The Flower Mama: Fresh flowers on 1959 VW flower truck.
- The AWI Privateer Museum: Some information on the AWI Privateer Museum, and potentially some lessons in history, maybe even a bit of living history.
- Friends of Curtis Arboretum: History of the Curtis Estate & Arboretum (Gilded Age of Wyncote).
- Cheltenham Environmental Advisory Council: Information about plastic bag ban/fee, composting, flyers, a hands on recycling “quiz”, etc.
- Moland House and Colonial Folk Art Demonstration: Information about the Moland House, one of George Washington’s headquarters on Old York Road, and a Colonial Folk Art Demonstration.
- Cheltenham Communities that Care: Prevention Information and giveaways.
- Glencairn Museum: An activity to highlight something from the Glencairn collection.
- La Mott Citizens United: Information about our organization, recruitment, Our La Mott Times Quarterly Newsletter, and talk about our Historic La Mott Community.
- Ed McLaughlin: Civil war historian and author. Display is on Camp William Penn & the Phila National Cemetery.
- Camp William Penn Museum: Displays on the civil war training camp for US Colored Troops, which was located in La Mott.
- Patricia Maida-Mill: Local Historian with footage about the Elkins Estate and Lynnewood Hall.
- State Rep Napoleon Nelson: Information about services our office offers.
- Lynnewood Hall Preservation Foundation Inc.: Information on Lynnewood Hall, Volunteer & Community Sign Up Sheets & some Handouts.
- Chelsea Chats and Cheltenham BHAR: Handouts, information about Chelsea Chats community, BHAR, and pictures of history of La Mott.
- Old York Road Genealogical Society: Print materials and display items along with recommendations and advice from experienced family researchers to community members who are interested in researching their family’s history.
- Cheltenham Chamber of Citizens: Information about historic buildings in Cheltenham and about CCC initiatives.
- Cheltenham Township Historical Commission: Information about the historical commission, our mission, and the services we offer.
- Cheltenham Parks and Recreation: Information on Cheltenham events and activities sponsored by the Parks and Recreation department.
To reserve a table, you can email email@example.com.
For more information, you can visit the event’s Facebook page.