The Cheltenham Township Police Department has announced their participation in this year’s 93.3 WMMR’s Preston & Steve’s Camp Out for Hunger. The Montgomery County SWAT – East Region, is also participating.
Beginning on October 5th and running through November 2nd, CTPD will be collecting food items in the lobby of the Police Station at 8230 Old York Road, Elkins Park.
Here is a list of their most needed items:
- Creamy peanut butter (Plastic containers only)
- Canned/shelf-stable meats (Including tuna)
- Shelf stable white milk
- Canned beef stew
- Canned chili
- Breakfast cereal or hot cereal
- Nuts/ trail mix
- Whole wheat pasta
- Brown Rice
- Jelly (Plastic containers only)
- Canned fruits & vegetables (low salt, no high fructose corn syrup)
Only boxes, cans, plastic containers or non-breakable jars and which do not have to be refrigerated can be collected.
They are requesting no donations of the following:
- Beverages of any kind, including bottled water, juice or sugary drinks
- Potato chips, cookies and other unhealthy snacks
- Seasonal Items (i.e. cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie mix, peppermint flavored items, holiday themed items)
- Bread and baked goods (which go bad quickly)
Photo courtesy of 93.3 WMMR